We discover authors, artists, and other inspired creatives and help them assemble their ideas into engaging, media-rich consumer products.
Compact Camera Fundamentals:
An Introduction To Photography
Brent G. Betz
Released April 2013 • Pages Vary • Size Varies
Compact Camera Fundamentals: An Introduction To Photography is an eBook written specifically for the Point-And-Shoot (PAS) photographer. The book uses a multi-touch interactive approach - including videos, diagrams, graphs, charts, photographs, reference materials, and glossary - to explain and teach a variety of concepts such as:
- Understanding the benefits and shortcomings of a PAS camera
- Getting to know all the features, buttons, and interfaces of your compact camera
- Preparing your camera to shoot the best possible photos and videos using the proper file formats (JPEG+RAW), adjusting metering methods, and choosing appropriate aspect ratios
- Exploring Standard, Scene, and Creative modes for shooting in common and more challenging environments
- Learning, in depth, how to shoot using manual controls by understanding aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- What additional equipment to purchase
- Composition tips and a variety of photographic techniques
- How to store, organize, and enhance all your photos
- The best way to share your masterpieces with friends and family using a variety of mobile and desktop applications/services
If you're a new or established photographer, someone interested in a different genre of photography, or someone who has an interest in shooting close-ups, this book will help you learn the basics needed to take beautiful macro and close-up photos.
The volume also includes information and links to useful gadgets, equipment, graphics, and online communities relevant to macro and close-up photography.
This eBook version is available for Apple iOS, Amazon Kindle, Kobo, and Nook devices. Content varies slightly from format to format.