We discover authors, artists, and other inspired creatives and help them assemble their ideas into engaging, media-rich consumer products.
Compact Camera Fundamentals:
An Interactive Introduction To Photography
Brent G. Betz
Released March 2013 • 181 Pages • 219MB
Apple iBookstore • $3.99 USD • iPad Only
Compact Camera Fundamentals: An Interactive Introduction To Photography is an eBook for iPad written specifically for the Point-And-Shoot (PAS) photographer. The book uses a multi-touch interactive approach - including videos, animations, 3D models, calculators, diagrams, graphs, charts, photographs, reference materials, and glossary - to explain and teach a variety of concepts such as:
- Understanding the benefits and shortcomings of a PAS camera
- Getting to know all the features, buttons, and interfaces of your compact camera
- Preparing your camera to shoot the best possible photos and videos using the proper file formats (JPEG+RAW), adjusting metering methods, and choosing appropriate aspect ratios
- Exploring Standard, Scene, and Creative modes for shooting in common and more challenging environments
- Learning, in depth, how to shoot using manual controls by understanding aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- What additional equipment to purchase
- Composition tips and a variety of photographic techniques
- How to store, organize, and enhance all your photos
- The best way to share your masterpieces with friends and family using a variety of mobile and desktop applications/services
If you're a new or established photographer, someone interested in photography, or just someone interested in taking better pictures, this book will help you learn the basics needed to take beautiful photographs.
This interactive eBook version is for the Apple iPad only.